Sunday, October 14, 2012

The subject that taught me more than just plants, flowers, trees, shrubs and whatnot.

With some of my blockmates in Botany and Sir Axel

Botany.
From the time I enrolled up to this very minute, I still couldn't understand WHY I had to take up Botany. I mean, it's not like we're going to plant trees and plants and stuff while fixing and beautifying our patient's teeth, right?
When you think about it, it's just a waste of time studying some subject that wouldn't really help you in the future, or would it? For the past 5 months, all I could think about was pass this subject so that I can move on to a more "useful" subject which is Zoology. I mean comparing Botany and Zoology, I think Zoo is a tad more useful in my course compared to Botany. But now that our Botany final exam is fast approaching, I'm starting to feel sad? depressed? frustrated? mixed? yes. and then it hit me. The reason why we had to study Botany is not because of the topics itself, but its for us to somehow have a whole new perspective of the world. To feast our eyes with one of God's most magical creations, the plants, flowers, etc. PLUS, its also a "training ground" for memorizing endless scientific names and terms that we will be enduring in our future subjects.
I will surely miss my Botany class, my prof., his gay-ish attitude, EVERYTHING! 

No comments:

Post a Comment