Friday, June 7, 2013

Malaysia TwentyThirteen.

    Last Saturday, June 1, my parents and I went on trip to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. To be honest, I didn't really know what to expect from Malaysia. Aside from experiencing the true essence of "Asia", which is what they claim to have, I really didn't know what to expect. On our first day in Malaysia, we went to this place called "Genting Highlands", it's similar to Sentosa in Singapore, only what makes it different is that, Genting is  located in a hill and it also has an INDOOR AND OUTDOOR theme park, which I find it really cool and it's an hour and 30 min. drive from the city.

***all photos are taken using na iPad so, I'm sorry for the pixel-y quality of some of the photos.
   Up, up here we go. I just love this photo. HIHI.

With my mom at Genting's Snowland. (It was nearly about -5 degree in there and I almost froze to death.)

The indoor theme park in Genting. SEE HOW PUHR-ETTY IS IS. :)

For a second I thought I was in Paris when I saw Genting's version of the Eiffel Tower.
    On our second day, we went to some of the popular and must-see places in Kuala Lumpur. Our first stop was at the King's palace. We weren't able to go inside 'cause it wasn't allowed. They only allowed people inside the palace only on the King's birthday, which was unfortunately the day we arrived in Malaysia. If only we arrived a day before, then we could have went inside the palace, but sadly, no. :( Our second stop was at this World War 2 shrine, then we went to this Mosque where they made us wear an attire that most Muslims use when they pray in the Mosque, then we went to Merdeka Square where they have this miniature version of Kuala Lumpur (which is so cool), then a 45-minute shopping at Central Market (wasn't able to take photos there though. :( ), then the cocoa factory, where they sell chocolates of different flavors, and lastly our city tour wouldn't be complete without a paying a visit to Petronas Tower. Though we didn't bother going up to the top floor, since it was kinda pricey. In the end, my parents and ended up shopping and going to the nearby mall in Petronas.
Awkward posing at the gate of the King's palace.

At the Mosque.

A showcase of Malaysia's craftsmanship in Merdeka Square.

The Petronas Tower.
    My 2-day stay in Malaysia was surprisingly fun. Though I wasn't able to fully explore that much. However, given the chance to go to KL a second time around, I would probably go for it. The food there is really delicious. Kinda spicy, but tolerable. The people there are friendly and very accommodating. The surroundings are clean and somewhat accessible, though not as accessible as in Singapore or in Hong Kong. Malaysia will indeed give you a sneak peek of what Asia has to offer. Definitely a trip that you won't regret. 

No comments:

Post a Comment