Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Summer 2013: One for the books.

Today marks my last day of summer. Now that I think about it, I actually feel pretty bummed about the fact that summer is (almost) over. Days ago, I was really jealous and somewhat annoyed at my friends whose classes have already started. Everyday I dread waking up in the morning, doing the same routine over and over again. Now that classes are just a day away, I actually feel...sad. Just plain old SAD. I guess this is the perfect time to reminisce on what happened these past 2-3 months. :) Let's start with...

1. THE SCRIPT #3 CONCERT: Out of all the concerts that I've been to, it's this concert that I enjoyed the MOST. Not only were they skilled in their craft, but they can also entertain the crowd with their quirky humor. (Plus listening to them talk with their irish accents makes it a whole lot better.)

2. HAMILO WITH KAPISANAN: Sam, a friend of mine, came home for her spring(?) winter(?) break and of course, one awesome way to celebrate her comeback and spend our summer/ break to its fullest is by going to the beach-each. This is the first time I went on an out of town trip with them, and it was soooo fun. Definitely one of the highlights of my summer. 

3. ONE DAY BAGUIO TRIP: My uncles, who resides in Baguio (the summer capital of the Philippines), went here in Manila due to some health issues. So when he headed back to Baguio, we decided to go with him. It's a 5-6 hour drive from Manila to Baguio depending on the traffic. The minute we reached my uncles house, my cousin drove us to some of the tourist destinations in Baguio. One of which is the strawberry farm where I was able to pick strawberries...obviously. 

4. NICOLE'S EPIC FAIL SURPRISE: My class barkada loves surprising each other. We always make it a point to surprise one another even if a month had passed after her actual birthday. We surprised Nicole exactly a month after her birthday. My friends and I actually thought we'll be able to pull off a successful surprise, but turns out we didn't. Instead of us surprising her, she's the one who surprised us. She pretended she was sick and wouldn't go out of her room. When we went to her room, we did see her "asleep". So we poked her and everything, but she wasn't moving. Just before we decided to pull out her blanket, she came right out of her comfort room and sang Happy Birthday to us. When we removed the blanket on her bed, it was her mannequin with pillows and a wig to make it look more "realistic". Indeed an EPIC FAIL SURPRISE.  

5. BEACH WITH MY COLLEGE FRIENDS: This is definitely the first time I went out of town with my college friends. In this trip I came to know my college friends more. I found out that one of them can really swim, while the other one's scared of the water. Another thing that made it fun was we were able to snorkel and get starfishes, but in the end, we decided to put the starfishes back to the ocean. It's definitely a trip that I really enjoyed and something that I will really remember.

6. GERALDINE'S SURPRISE: After a month and some weeks after we surprised Nicole, it was Geraldine's turn to be surprised. This time it was a few days after her birthday. I'm guessing this surprise was another epic fail. She knew along that we'll be surprising her. We were suppose to surprise her in this restaurant, but then she arrived 5 minutes before the movie we're watching starts. It wasn't the surprise I had in mind, but it's the thought that counts right?
 

7. MALAYSIA 2013: Well, I wouldn't get into detail with this one since I already made a post about it. However, if there's one word to sum up my Malaysia experience, I guess that would be...AWESOME. Simply, awesome.

To wrap this up, summer 2013 was definitely one of the most memorable summers in my 19 years of existence. Definitely one for the books.

1 comment:

  1. Loving this look,Absolutely gorgeous you are!!!here is my loved blog,i think maybe you are love too:

    Cheap Superhero Costume

    Keep in touch,best wish for you.

    ReplyDelete