Friday, February 19, 2016

(extra) Bitter-sweet Ride

This week was just a recipe for a sweet, sweet disaster.

It was definitely a mixture of things shitty yet sweet. And since I don't really want to ramble about how negative my week has been (for the nth time), I'd like to share with you guys the things that balanced the shittiness that I experienced this week. Besides, I think I made mention in my previous post that I'll be posting an "appreciation post" weekly and alsoooo I think it's time that I update my
"iPhoned Fridays" blog project. Sooo, here it is!! (though it will be a little bit different from the previous iPhoned Fridays 'cause I haven't been active on instagram lately.)

1.) CLASS 2 RESTORATIVE DENTISTRY

Everyone! Meet Wino, my very cooperative Class 2 patient. (okay for those who aren't dental students or who are not aware of what a Class 2 is. It's basically the term used when there are caries on the proximal (sides) area of your premolars/ bicuspids or molars). So yeaaah. This case was like the MAJOR BULK of my Restorative Dent. class pluuus, looking for a patient with a mild case of Class 2 is quite difficult. BUUUUUT THANKS TO THIS VERY SPECIAL FRIEND OF MINE, I managed to get a patient in an instant. So yeaaah. At first I was suppose to finish restoring his tooth for 1 meeting only, but due to my incompetence with this certain instrument we had to use, instead of finishing it in 1 meeting, I had to extend another meeting (which was this week). Sooo, in the end, I got to finish his case and I sweaaar it felt like I won a million bucks when my professor finally told me that I could dismiss my patient and do whatever the heck I want. SOOOO, SPECIAL MENTION AGAIN TO THE PERSON WHO REALLY HELPED ME WITH MY CLASS 2 and CLASS 1 CASES, THANK YOU SO MUCH. I will forever be in debt with your kindness and selflessness. 


2.) COMPLETE DENTURE POSTERIOR TEETH SETTING

Aside from our Restorative Dentistry class, we also have a Complete Denture class. (I'm assuming that all of you know what a Complete Denture is. :)) I guess one of the most tedious yet fun part in the whole denture process is setting the teeth. You see, the teeth aren't for esthetics only. They play quite a major role in the oral functions of our body, Eating, Swallowing, Speech, etc. Sooo setting the teeth on the denture is quite a big part in the whole process. I guess I kinda considered this as one of my sweet victories for the week 'cause I'm closer to finally getting this case done and all. Though I'm still not yet done at the moment, I still need to tweak it up a bit buuut it will get there. Pretty soon. 


3.) ROCKY MOUNTAIN
This is was definitely what capped off my week. Nothing beats a sweet treat after a tiresome week. Although I've been binge eating on all things sugar lately (diabetes alert). BUUUUUT, I think I still deserve this sweet treat right? Anyway, they're these green apples covered with caramel, marshmallow and all things glorious. We tried the Rocky Road one (not seen on the picture). It has these small marshmallows and chocolate syrup and nuts that when you eat them, the "marshness" of the marshmallow just oozes in your mouth together with that rich caramel sauce and tangy green apple. It definitely has a KAPOW factor. 

Sooo, yeaaah. That's basically what happened this week. Hopefully I'd get to unwind and chill for the weekend, even if we have an upcoming anesthesiology practical exam that WE ARE SOOOO NOT PREPARED FOR. *Breaths in. Composure*

Laters.

No comments:

Post a Comment